Skip to main content

About your Search

20121203
20121203
STATION
CNBC 1
CNNW 1
KPIX (CBS) 1
LANGUAGE
Search Results 0 to 2 of about 3
CNBC
Dec 3, 2012 1:00pm EST
are off on housing improvements should we go over the fiscal cliff. >>> speaking of housing, would you buy a mortgage from walmart? or how about a mortgage from an onlime payment providing like paypal? results after new survey, what does it mean for banks and consumers in the next half-hour. >>> a deal may be in the works involving two of the best known airlines. delta is in talks to buy 49% of virgin atlantic from it current shareholder which is singapore airlines. cnbc's phil lebeau is back with us from chicago again. phil, what's in it for delta? is it root structure? >> it is the root structure and gates at heathrow. singapore airlines wants to sell its stake in virgin atlantic. it has struggled for some time. they own 49% of virgin aen lick. the possible price here -- this is just an estimate at this point according to industry sources -- $1.1 billion to $1.3 billion. who owns the other 51%? we all know who it is. richard branson. for a couple of years now he has been weighing the future of virgin atlantic. this is an airline that despite all the publicity, it has struggled to really
CBS
Dec 2, 2012 11:00pm PST
ticking in washington in the fiscal cliff looming closer by the day. the treasure secretary says the white house will only agree to a plan that including higher tax rates. >> if they are going to force higher rates on virtually all- americans, because they are want thing tax rates to go up on 2% that is a choice they will have to make. >> calling for an additional $1.6 trillion in tax revenue. cuts to medicare and $50 billion in stimulus spend approximating. he insists the bush tax cuts must expire for the healthyy individuals. >> it is carefully designed mix of savings and tax reforms to put us back on a path to stabilizing our debt and living within our means. >> the republicans did not welcome the proposal. >> i was disappointed by the proposal. i think it say rerun of the budget proposal. the revenue is 1.6 trillion in revenue and tax increases. >> and expressing frustration -- and they are expressing frustration. >> i would say we are nowhere, period, nowhere. >> reporter: they disagree pointing out the administration did offer $600 billion in cuts to health care and other programs.
CNN
Dec 3, 2012 2:00am PST
meets with governors at the white house. they will be discussing, what else, the impending fiscal cliff. >>> news corporations uk chief tom mockridge is stepping down. he took over the unit 18 months ago at the height of the company's phone hacking scandal >>> the time has finally come, cory booker taking the food stamp challenge this week. the newark mayor will only be eating with food he can buy for $37. that is the average food stamped benefit in his week. booker said he will be giving up coffee because he can't afford it. that will be tough for us. >> no doubt. >> interesting to see at the end of that how he does. >> i'm sure he will be documenting on twitter what goes on during those days. coming up, one of the strangest cases of cosmetic surgery, can't make this up. did you read about this? mustache implants. that's right. we'll tell you about it next. [ male announcer ] when this hotel added aflac to provide a better benefits package... oahhh! [ male announcer ] it made a big splash with the employees. [ duck yelling ] [ male announcer ] find out more at... [ duck ] aflac! [ male
Search Results 0 to 2 of about 3